Thursday, April 18, 2013

Boone Landscape Photographer - Fine Art Black and White

Soco Falls
I've decided to do a set of Black and White images as of late. It's something I've been meaning to do for some time and just now getting around to it. I will be using fresh images for this project. Images that have not been retouched for presentation in color. Someone once told me that a Black and White image exposed the soul of the image. The thought being that without the attraction of color, you are forced to see the image for what it truly is... Personally, I love Black and White and I'm a huge fan of Sepia as well. Back in the beginnings of my life in photography, I was exposed to Ansel Adams. At the time, I really had no idea who he was... only that I could stare at his Black and White images for hours it seemed. Even today, my walls adorn some of his more popular and even some of his not so well recognized images.
To me, Ansel Adams was a photography legend, but this reminds me of his humble beginnings.


“A photograph is usually looked at- seldom looked into.”
 ― Ansel Adams

I hope you enjoy these images of the High Country, Blue Ridge Parkway and the Great Smokies.
Comments are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment